Hi there! I’m Peter Thorpe, a young professional that is passionate about software engineering, travel, philosophy, human nature, religion, empiricism, free speech, futurism, and physical fitness. I started this blog to share my life experiences and insights with friends, family, and everyone in the free marketplace of ideas. I’m a firm believer in radical transparency and the power of honest and open discourse to change lives and impact the world. I’m also convinced that we’re living at a pivotal moment in the history of the world: a time in which conflicting political visions of human society and organization will collide head on, a time in which conflicting anthropological and scientific views of human nature will collide head on, and a time in which conflicting methods of persuading those with whom we disagree will collide head on. I believe the antidote to chaos is the recognition that peaceful persuasion is the best and only way to get others to see things from our point of view, and that entails giving everyone the full, unequivocal right to express their viewpoints without any restrictions whatsoever on the content of their ideas, as long as those ideas are presented in a respectful manner. Accordingly, on this blog I will tackle all issues head on, especially the most controversial ones, and will always allow readers to post their thoughts without any censorship on the content of their posts, as long as those posts are made in a respectful manner.
- Graduated from Princeton University in 2014 with Bachelors of Science in Engineering degree
- Computer science major
- Spanish minor
- Lots of philosophy classes (philosophy minor was not offered when I was a student)
- Top ranked undergraduate university in the United States
- Currently working as a software engineer for GoPuff.
- 2 years of experience leading the software development of Gamebling.com
- 5 years of experience as a Software Engineer @ Bloomberg LP in New York City
- I left my job in April 2019 to take an extended sabbatical vacation to travel the world, engage in independent study, learn about foreign cultures, meditate, reflect, and find deeper purposes for my life.
- Started work again in July 2019, leading the software development of a new entertainment gaming venture.
- 4 summers worth of internships at Dow Jones, Novo Nordisk, Next Jump, and FactSet Research Systems
- Served as Chief Technology Officer of a gaming startup while I was an undergraduate student at Princeton, but eventually left after graduation to focus on my job at Bloomberg full time.
- LinkedIn profile
- ScrumAlliance Profile
- Peter Thorpe – YouTube Channel
- Peter Thorpe – Fitness YouTube Channel
- Peter Thorpe – Music YouTube Channel
- Students launch beta version of video game start-up “Digitalcade” by The Daily Princetonian
- House Hunters International episode about my life transition to Medellin, Colombia by HGTV
- Television appearance on House Hunters International by House Hunters International
- Clips from my episode on House Hunters International by House Hunters International
- Dead Simple Meal Prep: How I got ripped eating the same meal every day for a year by Peter Thorpe
- Review of “The 1 Hour Workout by Peter Thorpe” by 911 Reviews
- Review of “The 1 Hour Workout by Peter Thorpe” by RockStar Reviews
- 30 second cartoon commercial for “The 1 Hour Workout” by Peter Thorpe